Monday, March 28, 2011

Birthday Boxes

I have had goals to make a present for all of my loved ones on my birthday, but in the last couple of years I've been lax in this endeavor. One year, I handpainted thrifted mugs and bowls, and another I made plush tentacles. But making labor intensive presents would necessitate that I keep the list of recipients short, and there would inevitably be someone whose feelings would be hurt.

I'm 30 this year, as of January 22nd, and this year I made something easily mass produced and easily mailed through the post to avoid having to cut my list of recipients short and to keep myself from going broke from postage. However, I'm also lazy when it comes to implementation so most of my intended recipients via the mail have yet to receive their cards because I've yet to mail them.

birthday boxes

Three color screenprint on paper. Four variations of background pattern (polk-a-dots, stripes, faux bois, and damask), and three possible variations of faces plus glasses.

birthday boxes

This fancy photo backdrop is made by taping two pieces of office paper together. Very fancy.

birthday boxes

birthday boxes

I bought my first metal flask for my birthday present to myself. Because adults need to be prepared to drink at all times.

No comments: