Monday, January 31, 2011

LA Art Show 2011, more prints

In addition to collaborating with Linda Lyke, I also made some mixed media prints on my own and some screenprints. Of all the mediums, screenprinting was the least popular to the crowd, but I think that could be because so many people already know all about it. I've been trying to think of ways to liven it up for next year, but so far I haven't come up with much.

Three color screenprint, image generated from a copper etching. I rather like this one. The first two colors I made by adding powdered graphite to transparent base, giving it a washed monotype effect.
worm

Two color screenprint, image from a photograph. Inexplicably, I could never get this one to print well, but it looked best when I printed it in my sketchbook.

redcamilla

sketchbook

No comments: