Monday, January 17, 2011

"He Never Came Back" III

"He Never Came Back, IV"

I made this piece about 9 months ago from collected printed scraps, but was never really happy with it. In my critique class, it elicited the question, which I treated as rhetorical, "Why are you a printmaker?"

This week I gutted it, changing its shape and infrastructure, and added additional elements to the surface, re-sewing many aspects. It retains its original materials for the most part, and is the fourth in what I had originally intended to be a series of 5 prints, but I think I may leave it at this one.

Materials: Relief print on fabric, welded steel infrastructure, buttons, polymer clay

"He Never Came Back, IV"



"He Never Came Back, IV"

"He Never Came Back, IV"

"He Never Came Back, IV" (detail)

"He Never Came Back, IV" (detail)

1 comment:

Ya'el Pedroza said...

Why is it print? Why are you a printmaker? why do you do it in print? They ask over and over in critique, possibly because they don't have anything else to ask. When will they learn that it is such a stale question. True it could be valid at times, but really can we move on already? There are so many other questions of interest.