Friday, August 27, 2010

Small People

brooch6

In the past couple of months I've been really getting into making jewelry and wearables. It's sort of a waste of time right now, as I should be devoting more of my efforts into my thesis project and not into things that don't relate to my thesis. Well, at least I'll be brilliantly accessorized when that final show rolls around in the spring.

I made these in an "edition" of 100. The quotation marks are because the doll brooches aren't prints, though the faces are made partially with a mold, so editioning them is a little different. Each doll comes packaged in a frame tin with a unique mixed technique print in the back.

tinycards

brooches


brooch5

brooch2

brooch1

brooch4

Here they are on display at Twentieth Gallery in Los Angeles, and should you be interested they are $50 apiece:

CIMG0358.jpg

No comments: