Thursday, June 07, 2007

Coat monster

A friend loaned me these rejected passport photos, and I used them as models:
IMG_6244

IMG_6247

These were made a few days ago, by me. Either I'm terrible at painting flies or people have no idea what bees look like, because a couple people have commented on how cute my "bee mugs" are. Bees have four wings, not two, you silly people. Flies are the only winged insect that have only two wings. Even coleopterans (beetles, my dear) have elytra, which are chitinous nonfunctional upper wings, so they officially still have four wings. My computer committed sepukku, and so I can't get onto Horseflesh until after I find my friend who's hosting it, so let me know if you want to buy any of these in the meantime. I'll consider trades, too, if you're feeling adventurous.
brownfloralflie2

bellarose
This last one is from my friend's cafe in Couer D'Alene, Bella Rose.

This speaks for itself, I believe.
blargh2

Off the top of your head, without referring to a dictionary, do you know what the word "predilection" means? What about the word "solecist"? These are not hypothetical questions.

1 comment:

Katherine Of It All said...

Predilection: tendency. Solecist? Not so much. That's what the damn dictionary is for--to look up words with which you are not familiar. Jeez. Lazy people.

Also, the look on your face in the coat monster photo is fab. You look like you're asking someone if they have a question. "Can I help you?"